6.21.2009

Becoming a Father for God


I want to take a moment and give some praise where praise is due.

I want to give praise to Michael….my husband…the father of our children.

A little over two years ago, I wanted to get myself and my children as far away from Michael as I possibly could. I knew that if I stayed married to him, my boys would grow up with the same view of women that Michael had for me; one of mistrust, disrespect and manipulation. Outside of divorce, I didn’t feel there was any other way to stop what was going on in our marriage.

During this awful time I found the marriage ministry we’re involved in that has a simple and straightforward message: A man will become the husband that his wife needs him to be when he becomes the man that God has called him to be. This was the key that turned Michael and our marriage around.

Of course, this has meant a world of change for us but I can’t emphasize enough what it’s done for our children. They have stability now. Everyday they witness their father living with their mother in an understanding way; everyday they witness their father blessing their mother by serving her and loving on her and speaking to her with respect and honor in his voice. They no longer hear raised, angry, tear-filled voices; instead they say, “Mommy’s the queen!” and they love picking out my weekly present with him! And Daniel, our youngest has never once heard Michel and I speak to one another in a dishonoring way.

Michael is becoming the man that God has called him to be and it’s making a positive impact on our children. I couldn’t ask for anything more!

Train a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6
(this picture above is of Michael with our children: Katie, Jack, Evan and Daniel)

No comments:

Post a Comment