5.13.2010

Is Your Marriage A Tango? or Tango x Two


The popular phrase, "It takes two to tango," is one that's familiar to most of us. Literally, something said when two people involved in a bad situation are equally responsible. The old adage of 50/50 in a relationship or situation.

Have you ever seen a couple dance the tango? Have you ever danced a tango with someone? I've only seen it danced but it was one of the most beautiful, erotic, romantic things I've ever seen. How I'd love to learn the dance with Michael.....sigh....I digress. Sorry.

Anyway, I bring up the tango because my experience of it wasn't a 50/50 kind of thing. It was a man leading and protecting his woman, making her feel and look beautiful and very womanly. It was his strength enhancing her delicacy. It was her femininity enhancing his masculinity. It was something that they had to do together or fail spectacularly in the language of the dance; silent words that spoke of love and life and sex; vulnerability and support; breathtaking drops and reassuring closeness...equally responsible for the fullness of the relationship.

1 comment: