7.26.2009

I Wanna Grow Old With You!


My sister-in-law says that everyone always loves the music of their youth. Having grown up in the '70's & '80's and loving just about all of the music from those eras (especially the '80's), I always enjoying watching The Wedding Singer whenever it comes on ~ mostly for the music and because Michael and I like to sing the snippets of the songs together!

So, while this post isn't really about marriage or our story, I wanted to share the lyrics of the song that Robbie (Adam Sandler's character) sings to Julie (Drew Barrymore's character) on the plane at the end of the movie. They're sweet and endearing and what every guy should feel for his gal! Enjoy!


I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you.

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growin old with you.

I'll miss you, kiss you, give you my coat when you are cold.
Need you, feed you, I'll even let you hold the remote control.
So let me do the dishes in the kitchen sink
Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink.
Oh I could be the man to grow old with you.
I wanna grow old with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment